Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Compositions

title; vintage door knob
exposure mode; auto
shutter speed; 1/80
aperture; f/5.6
composition technique; color enhancement 
element of design; close up & worms eye
description; close up of an old rustic door knob at the hotel in Andover, SD.

title; line
exposure mode; auto
shutter speed; 1/80
aperture f/5.6
composition technique; black and white
elements of design; line movement
 description; part of the broken wall at the hotel in Andover, SD.
title; rustic door hinge-
exposure mode; auto
shutter speed; 1/80
aperture; f/5.7
composition technique; color enhancement
element of design; close up
description; close up of an old door hinge from an old hotel in Andover, SD.
title; wall slide
exposure; auto
shutter speed; 1/80
aperture; f/5.6
composition technique; black and white
design of element; line movement
description; rubble from the old hotel in Andover, SD on the backside; where the 
floors have fallen and caved in.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the rustic, disintegrating quality to these photos - I think they make a great series. Your "Line" photo feels particularly strong as it forces my eyes to follow the crack in the brick wall and circle back around to the entire picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of these, I think my favorite might be the doorknob because there's such contrast in the photo, between the doorknob being more rusty looking against the door. I really like the composition of it as well with the doorknob placed in the upper corner. I also really like your Wall Slide photo as well, great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the subject matter!! I especially fond of the 2 photos with the old building. I like the decision to use black and white! NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot of texture in all your photos and I think that really makes them interesting. The composition is strong in them as well. I especially like the color in "Rustic Door Hinge" and "Vintage Door Knob". I think one suggestion for "Rustic Door Hinge" and "Wall Slide" is to try off-centering the main subject a little more, but I think this composition works for them too.

    ReplyDelete